The NSJRU Academy program is a 6 week program designed to increase the fitness, skills and game management of all players participating, with the end goal of increasing the depth and strength of our Village Clubs (Drummoyne, Hunters Hill, Mosman and Norths Pirates) as we prepare for the season. The players and their supporters will also meet and connect with players and supporters from the other clubs.
The Academy is open to all players, boys and girls, of all ability from ages U10s to U16s. The child doesn’t have to be a representative player to attend, or aspire to be a rep player. We encourage all players from our village clubs who have a love for the game and want to improve their rugby skills to participate in the Academy.
The Academy program is managed by Mike Cross and his team at TryTime Rugby, who have extensive coaching experience across all age groups. Mike was head coach of the NSW U19 team. We work closely with Norths Seniors to include coaching and other resources that will enhance the program and show our players the rugby development pathway.
- 6 Sundays 12 Feb-23 to 19 Mar-23
- U10s to U12s train from 3pm to 4:15pm (Arrive at 2:45pm)
- U13s to U16s train from 4:30pm to 6pm (Arrive at 4:15pm)
- Weeks 1, 2 and 5 will be at Taplin Park, Drummoyne
- Weeks 3, 4 and 6 will be at Boronia Park Reserve, Boronia Park
- Bring water bottles, mouthguards, headgear & a great attitude